No pictures this time, but today's proceedings at North Shields culminated in my previously slippy 9F, hauling 40 of Chris Mills build of the 21t hoppers! 92099 struggled with less than 20 in times past, and we actually ran out of hoppers to put behind her this time, as she could have taken more. We did have a little wheel slip on the first circuit coming off Victoria, but not on the second, so she must have been getting in to her stride!
The reason for this transformation? That wonderfully named product "Bullfrog Snot"!
I'd applied the solution to the second pair of drivers from the front, and at the second attempt (not happy with a bumpy finish first time around) I left it to dry till I could give the engine a test on a decent train length....... that was months ago, and it's taken this long to get the whole layout up and running in test mode. Well today we tried it and I'm amazed, even though I've seen the videos before (type Bullfrog Snot in to Google and believe!)
Talking of videos, Mick has taken a new one of train movements on the layout which will be appearing shortly. I'll post the link when we get it. I've seen the initial video which I think is brilliant, but Mick's perfectionist eye has spotted something he's not happy with, so you will just have to wait a couple more days for the treat!